AKIL Technologies is an Ivorian startup where we face technical challenges every day that require the best from our developers. Solving these challenges with efficiency and brilliance requires a certain type of mentality, effort, and knowledge We take our recruitment process seriously to ensure productive harmony within our technical teams. We are looking for a “doer” rather than a degree. We are interested in what you can do, how you do it, how you learned it, and what you plan to learn. Our internal culture mixes personalities and profiles that represent different life and work experiences across Africa, Europe and the United States.
So join our team of full-stack experts Angular, Node.js and Symfony2/Symfony3 to develop tomorrow’s web and mobile applications by bringing your expertise in Drupal CMS and/or WordPress development.
Attached to the technical manager within a team, you participate in the different technical design phases of a project (Technologies, Backend Architecture, Libraries and modules, etc…).
- Development based on the Drupal CMS and the Symfony Framework
- Development and integration of Drupal modules
- Drupal CMS integration and configuration
- Administration interface customization
- HTML / PHP / TWIG Template Integration
- Maintenance and testing of Drupal modules and applications
- Definition of data models from functional specifications
- Optimization of a Symfony / Drupal application in production (Cache, Software and Hardware Optimization, Application Server Optimization)
- Drafting of technical and user documentation
- Code review / Unit tests
- Technological watch on the Drupal / Symfony universe and its ecosystem in order to be a driving force and source of proposals on our future technical choices.
- You have a minimum of 2 to 5 years experience.
- You have a solid experience in PHP 5 / 7 programming and you have a solid foundation in object-oriented programming Drupal 7, Drupal 8 and Symfony have no secrets for you and you master relational databases perfectly.
- You are rigorous, autonomous, you listen to users and you like teamwork. You like to transmit and share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- In permanent technological watch and in a process of continuous improvement of your working methods, you will be a source of proposals both on development technologies but also on new techniques related to DevOps.
- You are also open-minded and ready to work on the latest topics at the cutting edge of innovation such as AI and Blockchain (among others … J).
Contract:fixed-term contract for a maximum of 12 months, then validation on a permanent contract after testing.
Working Time: Full Time
Experience Required: The more experience, the better.
Location: Abidjan – Angre 7eme Tranche in front of the old Cafe de Versailles.
Level of Studies: We are generally indifferent to your degree. We are more interested in what you know. A diploma doesn’t hurt of course, but we are first of all interested in your concrete skills.
Salary: According to your profile with the possibility of stock options.
Our main vision is to bring our technical expertise and a winning culture to our customers and by extension, establish the Ivory Coast as the technological lung of West Africa.
- Our team of developers is selected among the best Ivorian engineers passionate about the web. We are a family of geeks, you will find yourself with real knowers.
- Our expertise of Open Source technos: Symfony2/3, AngularJS/Angular, Node.js, D3.js, Bootstrap, MongoDB, Ansible, Docker.
- Our startup spirit, generally based on Agile methodologies, especially Scrum and Lean Startup.
- We are unique, for several reasons that you will discover, there is not a company like AKIL in Abidjan.
- For those who wish to do so, a contribution will be awarded for the choice of their own working machine or (BYOD: Bring Your Own Device)
- Technical Challenge: You will have the opportunity to give your best and learn the best of development. We are Ivorian developers and our standards are international.
- You will have an impact: Your work will be used by thousands of professionals across Africa.
- Opportunities for rapid career advancement: As we’ve already told you, what’s important to us is what you can do. We have many opportunities for technical leadership if you can demonstrate that you can deliver and handle the pressure that comes with it.
- Technical training at company expense
- Mentoring by our senior developers and management team
- Participation in regular Team Building evenings (bars, bowling, go-karting, video games, table football)
- Participation of the teams in international technical conferences (Senegal, Kenya, France, USA)
- The opportunity to practice your English with our English Wednesdays (Please refrain from laughing), but more seriously with our international clients.
If you see yourself in this position, please send us your CV and a unique cover letter, one that reflects who you are and what attracts you to AKIL, to firstname.lastname@example.org.